Friday 24 October 2008

Re: John Dyer Baizley

For those of you who that have gotten to know me within the past few months (or have at least managed to read my 'so what's to know' section like any normal person would have done in the first place), you will have probably come to realise that music plays a rather large part of my everyday life; be it playing drums within bands myself or just having a general mooch about the local music scene to see what's going on.

With this in mind, I thought I'd post this post about a particularly influential designer who's work I have really admired over the past few years and first came into contact with through my passion for music and in many cases the packaging that accompanies it.





Being a part of a band called Baroness, Baizley's work is often the subject of their packaging and merchandise designs and anyone who has had a keen enough eye will have noticed the Darkest Hour shirt that I have worn on a couple of occasions was designed by him as well. This goes for numerous other merchandise and packaging designs which are viewable on his website if you take the time to have a look.

For me though I just really love the fine detail that goes into the illustrations themselves and the way in which the texture of various papers play an active part in the finished product overall. Even if some of the content within his images are not ideally suited to your preferred taste, I hope you can still appreciate the skill and commitment that has gone into the work. I think it's increasingly amazing with every new piece that I see.

x

Links:

John Dyer Baizley
Baroness

No comments: