Monday 13 October 2008

Manuals

Well well well, print workshop induction on Friday. Messy. Messy, but fun! Except to say that my nails are still looking fashionably grim and ridden with dirt. Kind of attractive, but only if you're going for that look? I don't know. Anyway, I have to admit that it was pretty much the first time that I have used manual print making facilities to create mono-prints and maybe as a result my experimentation with the process could have been a little more creative and daring. Either way I am still pretty stoked on what I managed to achieve for a beginner and as they say on reality TV; here are some of my best bits...




To start off with we were limited to the processed colours of cyan, magenta, yellow and key. Simple but effective! Although throughout the course of the day many people chose to exploit colour layering to it's maximum potential and got some visually interesting prints. Personally I chose to keep my approach more structured and often to one single block colour (particularly that magenta as it was to die for!). What's more I had a good mess about with using both the positive and negative parts of the stencils I created from lettering devised within the previous brief. Overall I had an absolutely awesome day, probably because I just love to get my hands dirty and create something with a bit of depth and personal touch behind it. But yeah, more photos to come soon once I pick up my finished (and dried) prints.

Out. x

No comments: