Monday 17 November 2008

Blue Is Objectified

Well... here we are again. Another day another dollar and as a result of slipping beneath the radar for a while now it has in fact been a few weeks since the completion of this brief. This time I was required to complete a series of ten A5 square (150mm x 150mm) format resolutions that represented my given colour and over in this corner (as you may have guessed from previous briefs) my winning ticket landed me with the colour Blue; a joyful colour that is in no way shape or form related to sadness or misery. Honest.

With the stipulation of not being allowed to use type and image within the same composition (not that I broke the rules or anything) I ended up deciding to tackle my chosen theme through the means of collage; which to be honest is something I am quite comfortable with and enjoy doing rather a lot!






With the crit looming at the end of the week I was pretty nervous, mainly because it was a case of 'your work will be removed from the wall in the nicest possible manner' and put into a pile of shame if it is not worthy of staying up. Luckily for me however, my work managed to remain on the wall along with Ed's (Go TEAM:REP) and received some positive feedback which I was obviously very pleased about.

On the flip side however, one or two people commented upon some of the compositions having slight ambiguity or unclear meanings in regards with what they were supposed to represent.

Always room for improvement dammit!

x

No comments: