Monday 24 November 2008

It's All The Same!

As the title suggests really, it's all the same! Or at least that was the idea that I was trying to drive forward within this new and exciting 'Message and Delivery - Mail Shot' brief. No real restrictions this time except for a few minor things regarding colour and dimension. Two colours plus stock and I quote 'You can remake, modify or reproduce the envelope in any other media but the dimensions must remain the same'. Not bad, not badddd.




Again, as with the last brief I decided to illustrate a key figure within the relevant field of subject matter. This time it was media conglomerates and the lucky lad to be reproduced by my pen was Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corporation for any of you that don't know who he is and why he exists within this world. The idea was simple really, illustrate him and all of the leading brands that he owns via their logos. I think many people would be quite shocked if they realised just how much of the world's media is owned by a very select handful of people.

On the down side however, I did break the rules a little and decided to use only one colour; black. I did think about trying to include some red within the composition but none of my arrangements seemed to work as well as the simple one colour approach. Perhaps I could develop this next time I have chance to breathe... Might happen?

Either way, simple and to the point. The way I like it, not that you'd notice given the size of my previous post...

x

p.s to find out just how much News Corporation infiltrates your life visit www.newscorp.com

No comments: