Monday 2 February 2009

Re: Egon Schiele

Right... excuse me whilst I just take a deep breath. You see, after posting numerous videos in response to 'What is a line?' I feel that I am about to do something of which I should not speak; something that will probably get me into some strife with my fellow course mates and something that will bring shame upon my name... I'm going to pay respect to a Fine Artist and for once admire the talents and stylistics of such a creature. However, with the familiar name of Egon Schiele I'm hoping many will find it in their hearts to forgive me as I personally feel his work is not only unique and extremely effective, but also particularly influential; even to a Graphic Designer. His use of line is bold, daring and quite abstract, which overall culminates to a very successful method of drawing - a style I admired throughout my years of doing A levels in both Fine Art and Graphic Design. So with that said I'll leave you all to judge for yourselves, but to me... I have to say that I love this guy!





x

No comments: