Friday 19 December 2008

Letterpress Workshop

Alright then, something that I have been waiting a very, very long time for; the letterpress workshop! I have to say I am absolutely in love with old techniques and hand rendered typography; even if it is technically achieved by the means of machinery... but hey, better than a laser or ink jet printer right!? Anyway, the text is a passage sent to me by a friend who now works for the Leicester based design agency Un.titled (big up and check 'em out etc). Very spontaneous and off-the-cuff; you'll have to excuse the French but I'm still in my youth and I am allowed to say things like that now. I mean... I am over 18 and have heard worse? Haha.







So yes, printed my type onto an array of materials even though I only documented the tracing paper on here; it was my favourite I do apologise. The font itself was classic Times, you can't go wrong there really. Good idea as it was my first time experimenting with this method of print. In the words of David 'Glass-eye' Gasi I do seriously have to find an excuse to use this again... Next module maybe?

x

No comments: